- Enhance your cooking skills - parents can work with our food technology staff to try their hand at new recipes, baking and general cooking skills - an opportunity to meet new people, enjoy cooking and make dinner at the same time!
- Functional maths and functional English qualifications that are recognised by employers - if you do not have GCSE maths or English then this would be a perfect opportunity to gain some qualifications in these areas. Don't worry about how you were at school in these subjects, our friendly staff will show you just how easy it can be!
- CV writing and job application sessions - in today’s current climate we recognise that gaining employment can be difficult - get help in securing employment in these sessions.
- Women’s netball team - why not get fit and have fun at the same time?
- Dads and lads football team - an opportunity to get fit and take part in some healthy competition using our excellent facilities.
- Book club - for those of you who love a good read.
- Childcare level 1 - an opportunity to gain a recognised qualification in childcare.
- We also would like to have a Parent Voice Group who meet each half term - the purpose of this group would be to support in fundraising, represent the views of all parents, engage parents in aspects of school life and support in promoting aspects of ACS to the wider community.
Dear Parent/Carers, We would like to develop links with parents and extend opportunities to you that could benefit our ACS families. For many of us, school is a distant memory and was a very different experience to what schools are like today. We would like to offer fun, friendly and relaxed sessions to parents that offer opportunities to gain some qualifications or some much needed down time where you can take time for yourself to do something that you enjoy. The staff would like to offer free adult classes in the following areas: