Intent: The Big Ideas in Computer Science/ Creative iMedia at ACS:
- Computational thinking – encouraging pupils to be able to think logically, analytically and creatively when solving problems. To be able to see a problem and break it down to make it more manageable.
- Resilience – to be able to analyse problems and be able to design, implement, test and review their own solutions to those problems.
- Wider Knowledge – to be able to understand and explain the impact of digital technology on the individual and wider society.
- Be able to recognise and components that make up digital devices and how these work together.
- Apply mathematical and logical skills to solve problems such as converting between number bases and computational logic.
Please see the learning journey for each year group to see how these are mapped within our Computer Science curriculum: