Intent: The Big Ideas in Design & Technology at ACS:
- Creativity – to use imagination, experimentation and combine ideas when designing.
- Skills Development – To be able build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Resilience – to be able to analyse design problems and be able to design, implement, test and review their own solutions to those design problems.
- Wider Knowledge – to be able to understand and explain the impact of design decisions on the individual and wider society.
- Ambitious – to be open to explore and take design risks in order to stretch the development of design proposals, avoiding stereotypical responses.
Please see the learning journey for each year group to see how these are mapped within our Design Technology curriculum: