Intent: The Big Ideas in Geography at ACS
- To know Geography is the present in the UK and around the globe and is a feature of everyday life.
- To know about the 3 types of geography and their connections through different topics taught. Human, physical and environmental.
- World issues and every day scenarios to promote tolerance & respect.
- To consider big ethical and philosophical questions in life from geographical viewpoints and their own viewpoints to develop an understanding of the world in which we live.
- To develop and articulate (written and verbal) personal viewpoints and a respect of different views and to think critically about big issues.
Please see the learning journey for each year group to see how these are mapped within our Geography curriculum: