Intent: The Big Ideas in History at ACS
- To have an understanding of British history from the Romans through to the 20th century.
- To have an understanding of key historical events and people from across the globe.
- To develop key skills such as analysis, chronology, comparison and inference.
- To be able to investigate the usefulness and reliability of sources in history by providing knowledge of the historical context surrounding them.
- To develop and articulate (written and verbal) personal viewpoints of key people and events in history and to think critically history.
Please see the learning journey for each year group to see how these are mapped within our History curriculum: