Intent: The Big Ideas in Physical Education at ACS
- To develop and know a variety of skills, techniques and tactics and how to use them in a variety of sporting activities.
- To develop and know the key rules and regulations why they are essential in a variety of sporting activities.
- To use Physical Education as a tool to explore social, moral and cultural issues and opinions within the world in which we live in order to live an active and healthy lifestyle within the school and in the community.
- To develop and know the physical factors that can affect sporting performance.
- To develop and know the socio-cultural issues and sports psychology.
Please see the learning journey for each year group to see how these are mapped within our PE curriculum: