Intent: The Big Ideas in RE at ACS
- To know Christianity is the main religious tradition in the UK and to know key Christian beliefs and practices.
- To know about two world religions Islam and Hinduism and to understand main beliefs and practices for followers of these religions because Britain is a diverse community.
- To compare and contrast Christian key beliefs with religious beliefs from other religious traditions to promote tolerance & respect.
- To consider big ethical and philosophical questions in life from religious and non-religious viewpoints to develop an understanding of the world in which we live.
- To develop and articulate (written and verbal) personal viewpoints and a respect of different views and to think critically about big issues.
To support our curriculum each department uses knowledge organisers for the essential learning in each term:
Please see the learning journey for each year group to see how these are mapped within our RE curriculum: